As the flagship model in the series, the CLP-685 boasts a GrandTouch Keyboard action that features the individual key counter weights found in a grand piano for unrivaled realism in the resistance and return of each key. CFX and Bösendorfer samples absolutely sing through the powerful 300W sound system with Spruce Cone speakers. You will lose yourself in the sound of the binaurally-sampled CFX which is a totally immersive headphone experience.
- Yamaha CFX and Bösendorfer Imperial piano samples bring two of the world's finest and most prominent concert grand pianos to your fingertips.
- Binaural CFX Sampling technology delivers a three-dimensional sound, which recreates the perspective of the player position through headphones.
- GrandTouch Keyboard action is simply the most advanced digital piano action Yamaha has ever made, reproducing the touch, feel and dynamic range of a concert grand better than ever.
- Linear Graded Hammers make for the smoothest playing experience from high to low by giving each key a unique weight.
- Key counterweights are used to adjust key balance, allowing the use of delicate pianissimo from anywhere on the key.
- Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM) allows for vivid and richly-varied expression to reflect the limitless number of factors that create the sound of a concert grand piano.
- Key-off samples deliver the delicate change in sound the instant the damper falls back to the string.
- Bluetooth audio allows you to connect your music player wirelessly to your Clavinova so you can listen to and play along with your favorite songs.
- The Tri-Amp system reproduces all sound ranges more beautifully and clearly, by utilizing dedicated amplifiers to drive three separate speaker systems for three independent frequency ranges.
- Spruce speaker cones use are made from pulp of the same wood Yamaha uses to make piano sound boards. The result is a more natural, piano-like attack when you play the keys.
- 303 lesson songs from popular piano methods like Hanon, Bayer, Czerny and Burgmüller help build technique.
- Drum Rhythms are great to perform with and also put the fun back into practicing as they are a practical alternative to a metronome.
- An on-board, 16-track recorder allows you to create your own songs using multiple sounds for simultaneous playback.
- 1/8" AUX input takes output from a portable music player, iOS device, mixer or computer and uses the instrument's speakers to play back the audio.
- Full Dot LCD Display allows for smooth navigation of the instrument's features and functions.
- Smooth Release provides a quick, crisp release on fast note-offs and a gently decaying release for slow note-offs.
- The Clavinova 5-year, in-home warranty means that if your Clavinova has a defect or malfunction, Yamaha will send a technician to your home to assess and repair your instrument. It's rare that this is necessary due to the high-quality standards of Yamaha!